This brand-new unabridged audio book of The Fellowship of the Ring, the first part of J. R. R. Tolkien’s epic adventure, The Lord of the Rings, is read by the BAFTA award-winning actor, director and author, Andy Serkis.
In a sleepy village in the Shire, a young hobbit is entrusted with an immense task. He must make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ruling Ring of Power – the only thing that prevents the Dark Lord Sauron’s evil dominion.
Thus begins J. R. R. Tolkien’s classic tale of adventure, which continues in The Two Towers and The Return of the King.
- The English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and those who are going to read them.’ Sunday Times
- ‘A story magnificently told, with every kind of colour and movement and greatness.’ New Statesman
- ‘Masterpiece? Oh yes, I’ve no doubt about that.’ Evening Standard
- ‘Among the greatest works of imaginative fiction of the twentieth century.’Sunday Telegraph
- ‘Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron.’C.S. Lewis